Bronte Tykes Scholarship 2018
Bronte Tykes Junior CC are excited to announce the 2018 Rider Development Scholarship Programme.
Our annual scholarship scheme is targeted at 1st claim Tykes members in the British Cycling youth categories A, B, and 2nd Year C (riders of Secondary School age).
We want riders that are good Ambassadors for the club, who want to help and inspire our younger riders develop and who will race regularly and represent the club. You need to be keen and motivated to develop your cycling and be prepared to take part in scholarship specific training sessions.
Don’t worry if you fall outside of the age criteria this year. Our scholarship scheme is a rolling programme and as always, we’ll be taking applications every 12 months and adding to the squad.
For this year, we have up to 3 places available, anyone wanting to apply needs to do so in writing, sending their completed application letter to email@example.com, before the closing date – 5pm on the Sunday 9th September 2018.
Applications will be reviewed by a group of our coaches, independent of any person applying, then compared against set criteria including race results and commitment to the club. Successful applicants will be awarded Scholarship status at our Club party and awards night on the Saturday 22nd September.
A Scholarship place entitles you to
• An individual training plan
• Scholarship apparel
• A Tykes skinsuit for racing (If required)
• Payment of race entry fees for National races identified in your individual competition & training plan
• Use of a club purchased Paul Milnes Strada carbon road bike for a 12-month period, geared to your individual category restrictions (If required)
The scheme is designed to assist in the development and retention of our older riders and provide a goal for our younger riders to aim to.
To apply, you need a letter which covers:
• Why you think you should be considered for a place
• Your racing plans for the next 12 months, and what disciplines you plan to participate in (CX, Circuit, Road, Track etc)
• Details of best racing results over past 12 months
• Any additional supporting evidence you feel will assist your application.
Places will again be awarded on the information contained in your application only, not any previous knowledge of the candidates from training sessions or outside of the club, so it’s important you submit a good quality application.